Hydrocodone Bitartrate/Homatropine Methylbromide Tablets CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 5mg, homatropine methylbromide 1.5mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Hydrocodone Bitartrate/Homatropine Methylbromide Tablets:
≥12yrs: 1 tab every 4–6hrs as needed; max 6 tabs/24hrs.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: ½ tab every 4–6hrs as needed; max 3 tabs/24hrs.
Risks from concomitant benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (see Interactions). Risk of life-threatening respiratory depression (esp. in children). Abuse potential (monitor). Head injury, other intracranial lesions or pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Hypothyroidism. Addison's disease. Prostatic hypertrophy. Urethral stricture. Asthma. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of respiratory depression, sedation with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (eg, opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, alcohol); avoid. May affect or be affected by MAOIs, TCAs.
Respiratory depression, drowsiness, hypertension, orthostatic hypotension, palpitations, anticholinergic effects, sedation, anxiety, nausea, rash, pruritus.
Formerly known under the brand name Hycodan.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis