Generic Name and Formulations:
Emicizumab-kxwh 30mg/mL, 60mg/0.4mL, 105mg/0.7mL, 150mg/mL; per vial; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Indications for HEMLIBRA:
Routine prophylaxis to prevent or reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes in patients with hemophilia A with factor VIII inhibitors.
Adults and Children:
Do not inj into moles, scars, tender skin, bruised, red, hard or not intact skin areas. Give by SC inj into upper outer arms, thighs, or any abdomen quadrant; rotate inj sites. 3mg/kg once weekly for first 4 weeks, then 1.5mg/kg once weekly.
Thrombotic microangiopathy and thromboembolism.
Thrombotic microangiopathy and thromboembolism can occur when average cumulative of >100U/kg per 24hrs of activated prothrombin complex concentrate (aPCC) was given for ≥24hrs. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during treatment. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Bispecific factor IXa- and factor X-directed antibody.
Risk of thrombotic microangiopathy and thromboembolism with concomitant aPCC; monitor and immediately discontinue if occurs. May interfere with coagulation lab tests (eg, ACT, aPTT, aPTT-based assays, Bethesda assays [clotting-based] for FVIII inhibitor titers). Possible hypercoagulability with concomitant recombinant FVIIa or FVIII.
Inj site reactions, headache, arthralgia, pyrexia, diarrhea, myalgia; thrombotic microangiopathy, thromboembolism.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis