FDA Commissioner, Scott Gottlieb MD, said, "The FDA shares the goal of ensuring that American patients have access to quality and affordable care that meets their needs."
The Department of Justice, under the guidance of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, has withdrawn a number of protections afforded to people with disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Most uninsured patients can make a primary care appointment, but only if can pay full cash amount.
Program increased health care access for veterans inside and outside of the Indian Health Service.
Denial of healthcare — one example of structural violence — may ultimately lead to increased morbidity and mortality rates, regardless of the disease state.
One physician shares his insights on the need for a databank that would include names of medical providers who have publicly expressed opinions indicating biases about certain populations.
Senator Bernie Sanders' Health Policy Advisors on Causes and Solutions to Healthcare Inequality in AmericaDecember 04, 2017
Healthcare disparities have increased along with widening economic inequality between wealthy and low-income Americans.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis