Health Care Cost
Researchers examined the frequency of overpayments by comparing copayments with the national average reimbursements received by pharmacies for the same prescription for commercially insured patients.
Nocebo hyperalgesia was stronger when the treatment was labeled as an expensive medication versus a cheap medication.
Some physicians are creating new ways to work around the rising costs of prescription medications.
Market competition levels are associated with changes in the price of generic drugs.
Up to 80% of all medical bills contain mistakes, which can results in not just financial risk, but patient harm.
Healthcare is shifting to a value-based system that evaluates outcomes and cost, promising to provide a sustainable healthcare cost reform.
Most provider organizations can offer a cost estimate, although few patients request one.
Some US hospitals might be charging private insurers twice as much for knee and hip replacements as the implants typically cost.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Reviewing the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Cannabis-Based Medicines for Chronic Neuropathic Pain
- Femoral Nerve Block Alone or in Combination With Sciatic Nerve Block for TKA: A Meta-Analysis
- Tackling the Chronic Pain and Opioid Use Disorder Crises Through Public-Private Partnerships
- How the City of San Francisco Is Tackling the Intertwined HIV/HCV and Opioid Epidemics
- Pain Tolerance in Buprenorphine Maintenance Treatment
- Radiofrequency Ablation for Chronic Hip Pain: Reviewing the Evidence
- Opioid Use Disorder Treatment: Evidence-Based Guideline
- Betel Quid Addiction and Implications for Substance Use Disorder
- Low Back Pain: Contributing Factors, Prophylactic Strategies, and Effective Treatments
- Peripherally Acting Opioid and Cannabinoid May Be Effective for Neuropathic Pain
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation May Prevent Migraine in Adolescents
- Widespread Impact of Reducing Opioids, Adding IV Acetaminophen for Postsurgical Pain Management
- GI Safety Compared for NSAIDs in Patients With Arthritis
- Opioid Prescribing Trends in Patients With, Without Cancer
- DOJ Rescinds Protections Afforded by Americans With Disabilities Act