Health Care Cost
Researchers examined the frequency of overpayments by comparing copayments with the national average reimbursements received by pharmacies for the same prescription for commercially insured patients.
Nocebo hyperalgesia was stronger when the treatment was labeled as an expensive medication versus a cheap medication.
Some physicians are creating new ways to work around the rising costs of prescription medications.
Market competition levels are associated with changes in the price of generic drugs.
Up to 80% of all medical bills contain mistakes, which can results in not just financial risk, but patient harm.
Healthcare is shifting to a value-based system that evaluates outcomes and cost, promising to provide a sustainable healthcare cost reform.
Most provider organizations can offer a cost estimate, although few patients request one.
Some US hospitals might be charging private insurers twice as much for knee and hip replacements as the implants typically cost.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Manual Therapy vs Opioids for Management of Shoulder, Spine Pain
- Opioids: Clinician Concern and Prescribing Practices
- Screening for Hyperglycemia Prior to Steroid Injections for Chronic Pain
- Ensuring Safety During Long-Term Opioid Therapy
- Intervention by Pharmacists May Effectively Reduce Use of Inappropriate Medications in the Elderly
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- PainDETECT May Not Be Optimal to Detect Neuropathic Components of Orofacial Pain
- Kinesiophobia May Be Associated With Greater Cutaneous Allodynia in Migraine
- CDC: 8.8% of Individuals in the United States Uninsured in First Half of 2018
- Patient Experiences Shed Light on Diagnostic Errors
- Topical Migraine Trigger Point Treatment as Effective as Injection
- Wikipedia in Medical Education: An Educator's Guide to Crowdsourcing