Clinicians should focus on minimizing barriers to care for patients with chronic migraine.
Ultimately, players must decide if the benefits of play outweigh the risks of injury.
Mechanism of injury assault in 12 of 16 patients; half of patients admit alcohol use.
Newly sanctioned to treat just-diagnosed patients, in combination with temozolomide
A new review indicates that gabapentin may be an effective adjunct therapy for primary headache syndromes, but that there is not enough evidence to support its use as a primary treatment.
Rapid number naming test may be used on the sidelines in sporting events to test for concussion.
The research concluded that headaches in children tend to increase toward the beginning of the fall season.
A patient presenting with headache may have a broad range of symptoms. Here's how to narrow down your diagnosis.
The tool predicted the likelihood of AHT based on six identifying factors.
Even though there's a variety of migraine subtypes on the books, there are two major subtypes: migraine without aura (characterized with specific features and associated symptoms) and migraine with aura (transient neurological symptoms that proceed or accompany a headache).
Limiting aggressive contact would be more effective than just banning 'heading' of ball, researcher says.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis