Pregabalin, but not duloxetine, was shown to improve pain and function scores in patients with hand osteoarthritis.
Researchers examined alcohol consumption, smoking status, and body mass index as variables impacting patients' risk of osteoarthritis development or progression.
Vibrating gloves may help reduce hand pain in women with hand osteoarthritis
The first evidence-based recommendations on the use of imaging in osteoarthritis clinical practice have been released by the European League Against Rheumatism.
DAS28 were found to be significantly higher at baseline and at 12-month follow-up in a group of patients (n=9) with knee osteoarthritis.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Replacing Sleep, Sedentary Behavior With Physical Activity Beneficial in Knee Osteoarthritis
- FDA Outlines Plan for New Analgesic Guidance to Combat Opioid Crisis
- Rheumatologist-Assessed vs Criteria for Inflammatory Back Pain in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rates of Concurrent Opioid, Sedative-Hypnotic Prescription Fills in Veterans
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Ketamine: Mechanisms of Action, Uses in Pain Medicine, and Side Effects
- Medicinal Cannabis May Not Have Opioid-Sparing Effects in Chronic Noncancer Pain
- Cannabis May Be Effective for Migraine Treatment
- Chronic Neck Pain: Generators, Clinical Examination, MRI Findings, and Differential Diagnosis
- Should Drug Testing Be Implemented Before Prescribing Opioids and Benzodiazepines?
- Dexmedetomidine May Prolong Analgesia Duration in Nerve Blocks
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Intrathecal Morphine, Ziconotide for Cancer- and Noncancer Chronic Pain
- Cochrane Data Release and the Case for Open Science
- Pretreatment With Sumatriptan Can Reduce Cilostazol-Induced Headaches
- Effects of Pain, Depression, and Insomnia on Health Care Use in Older Adults With Osteoarthritis