A simple, easy-to-use checklist, the Guideline Trustworthiness, Relevance, and Utility Scoring Tool (G-TRUST), can identify useful clinical practice guidelines.
The Society for Integrative Oncology has issued an updated clinical practice guideline regarding the use of integrative therapies for specific clinical indications during and after breast cancer treatment.
A multidisciplinary group of international experts has released recommendations for the use of biologics in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
The Sjögren's Syndrome Foundation has released the first clinical practice guidelines for the disease, which includes recommendations on the management of fatigue, inflammatory musculoskeletal pain, and use of biologic agents.
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine announced a new clinical practice guideline for the diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea in adults.
High-risk patients who did not receive guidelines-recommended prophylactic hydration prior to procedures requiring iodinated contrast media had the same rate of contrast-induced nephropathy as patients who received usual care.
EULAR recommendations were updated for rheumatoid arthritis management to include new guidelines on starting effective therapy in patients early.
Virtaj Singh, MD, highlights the successes of the Multi-society Pain Work Group (MPW), which resulted in Medicare modifying its approach to coverage.
The American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP) has issued updated opioid prescribing guidelines for the management of patients with chronic, non-cancer pain.
The authors noted that comparative effectiveness studies to evaluate the incremental benefits and harms of a treat-to-target strategy over a treat-to-avoid-symptoms strategy should be a priority.
The initiatives include guidelines and recommendations for CRNAs, physicians, and policymakers.
Advising patients on strains, explaining limitations
New guidelines for treatment of migraine in the ED seek to reduce opioid prescription.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Rapid Fentanyl Test Strips Accepted by Young Adult Drug Users
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Long Wait Times Between Referral and Interdisciplinary Pediatric Chronic Pain Evaluation