A new biomechanical bone assessment evaluates fracture risk in children at least as effectively as femoral and total body bone mineral density.
The FDA has approved abaloparatide injection for postmenopausal women with osteoporosis at an increased risk of fracture
A guideline update from the American Society for Radiation Oncology continues to support the efficacy and safety of palliative radiation therapy for bone metastases.
For patients with open fracture, reoperation rate higher with use of castile soap than with saline.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Prioritizing Rest in Hospital Settings: Poor Sleep Increases Costs, Complications, and Mortality
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- Addressing Commercial Incentives in the Medical Device Industry
- Cancer Patients Treated With Step III Opioids Often Have Sleep Disturbances
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective