Generic Name and Formulations:
Genistein (as aglycone) 27mg, citrated zinc (as bisglycinate) 20mg, cholecalciferol (Vit.D3) 200IU; caps; lactose-, gluten-free; contains soy.
Indications for FOSTEUM:
Dietary management of osteopenia and osteoporosis.
1 cap twice daily; supplement with calcium and Vit.D3 as needed.
History of breast or reproductive organ cancer. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Not for treatment of Vit.D deficiency. Women who have 1st degree female relative with history of breast or reproductive cancer. Women capable of becoming pregnant (use adequate contraception). Males: not recommended. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Conditions associated with overproduction of calcitriol (eg, leukemia, lymphoma, sarcoidosis) or signs/symptoms of Vit.D toxicity; monitor urine and serum calcium. Long-term supplementation or high-doses of zinc-containing products: monitor zinc and copper levels. GI malabsorption; may need higher Vit.D3 doses (monitor). Ensure adequate calcium and Vit.D3 intake.
Concomitant HRT, SERMs: not recommended. Vit.D3 absorption may be decreased by bile acid sequestrants, mineral oil, orlistat, olestra. Cimetidine, thiazides, anticonvulsants may increase Vit.D3 catabolism.
Abdominal and epigastric pain, dyspepsia, vomiting, constipation.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis