FML S.O.P. OINT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Indications for FML S.O.P. OINT:
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 1 drop 2–4 times daily or small amount of ointment 1–3 times daily. May give every 4 hours for 1st 24–48 hrs. Reevaluate after 2 days.
Fungal, mycobacterial, viral (except herpes zoster), or untreated bacterial infections.
Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Monitor for secondary infections and intraocular pressure in prolonged use. Avoid abrupt cessation. May mask or exacerbate infections. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Ocular irritation, increased intraocular pressure with possible glaucoma, infrequent optic nerve damage, cataracts, delayed wound healing; systemic hypercorticoidism (rare).
Susp—5mL, 10mL, 15mL; Oint—3.5g; Forte—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain