FLUZONE HIGH-DOSE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Trivalent inactivated "split virus" influenza vaccine (Types A and B); 0.5mL dose contains a total of 180mcg of influenza virus hemagglutinin; formulation changes annually; susp for IM inj.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for FLUZONE HIGH-DOSE:
Influenza immunization for patients ≥65yrs of age.
<65yrs: use Fluzone or Fluzone Intradermal. ≥65yrs: One dose per year. 0.5mL IM in deltoid muscle.
Use Fluzone IM.
Allergy to egg proteins. Life-threatening reaction to any previous flu vaccine.
Use current formulation only. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Immunosuppressed. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.C for IM and High-Dose; Cat.B for Intradermal, Intradermal Quadrivalent). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressants: may get suboptimal response.
Local reactions (eg, pain, tenderness, swelling, erythema), malaise, headache, myalgia, irritability.
Fluzone, Fluzone Quadrivalent prefilled syringe (0.25mL, 0.5mL)—10; Single-dose vial (0.5mL)—10; Fluzone multi-dose vial (5mL)—1 (contains thimerosal); Fluzone High-Dose prefilled syringe (0.5mL)—10; Fluzone Intradermal, Fluzone Intradermal Quadrivalent single-dose prefilled microinjection system (0.1mL)—10
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis