Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 2.5mg, guaifenesin 200mg; per 5mL; oral soln; black raspberry flavor.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for FLOWTUSS:
Cough and to loosen mucus associated with the common cold.
Use accurate measuring device. ≥18yrs: 10mL every 4–6hrs. Max 6 doses (60mL) in 24hrs.
<18yrs: not established.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Risks from concomitant benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (see Interactions). Discontinue if respiratory depression occurs. Abuse potential (monitor). Avoid in head injury, other intracranial lesions or pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Persistent or chronic cough (eg, smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema) or if excessive phlegm: not recommended. Diabetes. Thyroid disorders. Addison's disease. Prostatic hypertrophy. Urethral stricture. Asthma. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antitussive + expectorant.
See Contraindications. Increased risk of respiratory depression, sedation with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (eg, opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, alcohol); avoid. May affect or be affected by MAOIs, TCAs. Paralytic ileus may occur with anticholinergics.
Dizziness, headache, sedation, nausea, decreased blood pressure; respiratory depression.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis