Providing guidance to improve dietary behavior, which may include supplementation to achieve an optimal nutritional status, can contribute to improved control of fibromyalgia symptoms.
Women with fibromyalgia were found to have elevated levels of endocannabinoidome lipid mediators.
Mirtazapine is a central alpha-2 antagonist currently FDA-approved for the treatment of major depressive disorder.
Pain catastrophizing may be associated with a reduced ability to effectively distract the mind from pain in patients with fibromyalgia.
Improvement in fibromyalgia impact questionnaire scores was greater for combined tai chi groups.
Researchers sought to confirm whether concomitant fibromyalgia has a negative effect on TNF blocker response.
A new blood test called IsolateFibromyalgia, which uses RNA data to identify fibromyalgia, has been released by IQuity.
A group acupuncture program may represent a safe, tolerated and effective management strategy for women with fibromyalgia by providing greater improvement in global symptom impact, pain, and fatigue compared with education.
Weight loss may result in improved pain, symptom severity, depression, and fibromyalgia scores in patients with obesity.
Fibromyalgia — which affects an estimated 4% to 10% of the US population, with a 7-time higher prevalence in women vs men — has remained a clinically nebulous entity, and one that is very difficult to manage effectively.
Adult attention deficit hyperactivity disorder frequently co-occurs with fibromyalgia syndrome and may negatively affect FMS-related morbidity.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Replacing Sleep, Sedentary Behavior With Physical Activity Beneficial in Knee Osteoarthritis
- The Role of Psychological Factors in Phantom Limb Pain Reviewed
- FDA Outlines Plan for New Analgesic Guidance to Combat Opioid Crisis
- Ozone vs Corticosteroids May Provide Longer-Lasting Effects for Plantar Fasciitis
- Rates of Concurrent Opioid, Sedative-Hypnotic Prescription Fills in Veterans
- Ketamine: Mechanisms of Action, Uses in Pain Medicine, and Side Effects
- Cannabis May Be Effective for Migraine Treatment
- Medicinal Cannabis May Not Have Opioid-Sparing Effects in Chronic Noncancer Pain
- Integrating Psychological Interventions Into Chronic Pain Management
- Chronic Neck Pain: Generators, Clinical Examination, MRI Findings, and Differential Diagnosis
- Pregabalin May Not Improve Analgesia During Medical Abortion
- Investigational Treatment Shows Promise in Chronic Low Back Pain
- Rheumatologist-Assessed vs Criteria for Inflammatory Back Pain in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Incorporating Guidelines Into Clinical Practice: An Interview With Gary L. LeRoy, MD
- Pain Severity May Partly Mediate the Association Between Depression and Physical Performance in Knee OA