Ilioinguinal-Transversus Abdominis Plane Block When Standard Analgesia Fails After Cesarean DeliveryFebruary 23, 2018
Ilioinguinal-transversus abdominis plane block was shown to provide superior pain relief compared with a multimodal analgesic regimen in patients undergoing an elective cesarean delivery.
A case of new-onset amnesia occurring after cocaine use and possible fentanyl use was described.
The announcement comes from the Department of Justice and will give the Drug Enforcement Agency the ability to take immediate action to stop illicit fentanyl from coming into the US.
Fentanyl was detected in more than half of the 5152 opioid overdose deaths in 10 states from July through December of 2016.
Intravenous dexamethasone may represent an effective analgesic strategy during labor and result in drug dose sparing of both levobupivacaine and fentanyl.
WHO has updated its Essential Medicines List to include new recommendations on which antibiotics to use for common infections and serious conditions.
Fentanyl sublingual tablets are preferred over subcutaneous morphine in patients with severe breakthrough cancer pain.
Deaths from overdoses of illicitly manufactured fentanyl have increased significantly in recent years.
Depomed has announced that Lazanda (fentanyl) nasal spray, CII, is now available at 300mcg dose strength to treat cancer pain.
Nebulized fentanyl is as effective as IV opioids for the treatment of acute pain.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer