EXONDYS 51 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Eteplirsen 50mg/mL; per vial; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Indications for EXONDYS 51:
Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) in patients with a confirmed DMD gene mutation that is amenable to exon 51 skipping.
Adults and Children:
May apply topical anesthetic cream to IV site prior to administration. Give by IV infusion over 35–60mins. 30mg/kg once weekly.
Treat appropriately and consider slowing the infusion or interrupting therapy if a hypersensitivity reaction occurs. Renal or hepatic impairment. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Do not mix or infuse with other medications concomitantly via same IV access line.
Balance disorder, vomiting, contact dermatitis; hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-dose vial (2mL, 10mL)—1
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis