EXCEDRIN MIGRAINE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 250mg, aspirin 250mg, caffeine 65mg; coated caplets.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
Indications for EXCEDRIN MIGRAINE:
≥18yrs: 2 caplets with a glass of water; max 2 caplets/24hrs.
<18yrs: consult physician.
NSAID allergy. Varicella, vaccinia in children and teenagers. 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
Reye's syndrome. Persistent or unresponsive headache. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Asthma. Peptic ulcer. GI bleeding disorders. Liver cirrhosis. Hepatic or renal impairment. Discontinue if signs/symptoms of GI bleed, migraine is not relieved or worsens after first dose, tinnitus, loss of hearing, new or unexpected symptoms develop, or severe skin reactions (eg, skin reddening, blisters, rash) occur. Headaches may worsen if used for ≥10 days per month. Elderly (≥60yrs). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + salicylate.
May potentiate anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, methotrexate. May antagonize uricosurics. Increased risk of liver toxicity and/or GI bleed with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day or concomitant other drugs containing acetaminophen, NSAIDs. Caution with diuretics, corticosteroids.
GI upset/bleed, prolonged bleeding time, urticaria, anaphylaxis; overdosage: salicylism, hepatoxicity.
Caplets—24, 100, 200
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioids: Clinician Concern and Prescribing Practices
- Quantity of Opioids Prescribed Linked to Higher Patient-Reported Consumption
- Screening for Hyperglycemia Prior to Steroid Injections for Chronic Pain
- Ensuring Safety During Long-Term Opioid Therapy
- Drug Overdose Mortality Rates Rising in the United States
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Intervention by Pharmacists May Effectively Reduce Use of Inappropriate Medications in the Elderly
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency
- Give Thanks: The Role of Gratitude in Combating Burnout
- Persistent Back Pain Linked to Earlier Mortality in Older Women
- Cannabinoids May Be Effective on Experimental Pain Threshold and Tolerance, Not Intensity
- PainDETECT May Not Be Optimal to Detect Neuropathic Components of Orofacial Pain