Generic Name and Formulations:
Cevimeline HCl 30mg; caps.
Indications for EVOXAC:
Dry mouth associated with Sjogren's syndrome.
30mg three times daily.
Uncontrolled asthma. When miosis is undesirable (eg, acute iritis, narrow-angle glaucoma).
History of cardiovascular disease. Controlled asthma. Chronic bronchitis. COPD. History of nephrolithiasis or cholelithiasis. CYP2D6 deficiency. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiated by CYP2D6 and CYP3A3/4 inhibitors. Possible conduction disturbances with β-adrenergic antagonists. Additive effects with parasympathomimetics. May interfere with antimuscarinics.
Excessive sweating (dehydration may develop; drink extra water), rhinitis, excessive salivation, UTI, cough, arthralgia, fatigue, insomnia, hot flushes, GI upset, visual disturbances (eg, blurring, decreased visual acuity), others.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis