EPIDUO GEL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Adapalene 0.1%, benzoyl peroxide 2.5%; gel.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for EPIDUO GEL:
Treatment of acne vulgaris in patients ≥9 years of age.
Adults and Children:
<9yrs: not established. ≥9yrs: apply thin film to affected areas of face and/or trunk once daily after washing. Use a pea-sized amount for each area of the face (eg, forehead, chin, cheek). Reduce frequency or discontinue if prolonged or severe irritation occurs.
Do not use on cuts, abrasions, eczematous or sunburned skin. Avoid eyes, lips, mucous membranes, sun, UV light. Increased irritation in extreme weather. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Retinoid + antibacterial/keratolytic.
Caution with other topical acne therapy (eg, peeling, desquamating, or abrasive agents). Avoid using concomitant topical irritants and waxing treated areas.
Dry skin, contact dermatitis, skin irritation, eczema; local reactions (eg, erythema, scaling, dryness, burning, stinging), may bleach fabrics or hair.
Adapalene: biliary. Benzoyl peroxide: renal.
Gel—45g (tube or pump); Forte Gel—15g, 30g, 45g, 60g, 70g pump
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer