Enalaprilat Injection Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Enalaprilat 1.25mg/mL; soln for IV inj.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Enalaprilat Injection:
To reduce blood pressure when oral therapy is not practical.
Give by IV inj over 5 minutes (administer over a longer period of time [up to 1 hour] in patients at risk for excessive hypotension). 1.25mg every 6 hours; max 20mg/day. Concomitant diuretics or CrCl≤30mL/min: initially 0.625mg; if inadequate response after 1 hour, may give additional 0.625mg dose; additional doses of 1.25mg may be given every 6 hours thereafter.
History of ACEI-associated or other angioedema. Pregnancy (Cat.D in 2nd and 3rd trimesters).
Renal or hepatic impairment. Salt/volume depletion. Severe CHF. Renal artery or aortic stenosis. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor for neutropenia in renal or collagen vascular disease. Monitor for hyperkalemia in diabetics. Dialysis. Surgery. Discontinue if laryngeal edema, angioedema, marked elevations of liver enzymes or jaundice occurs. Black patients may have higher risk of angioedema than non-black patients. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C in 1st trimester). Nursing mothers.
Hypotension with diuretics. Hyperkalemia with K+-sparing diuretics or K+ supplements. May increase lithium levels. May be antagonized by NSAIDS.
Headache, orthostatic hypotension, asthenia, hyperkalemia, renal impairment, nausea, cough; angioedema, liver dysfunction, blood dyscrasias (rare).
Formerly known under the brand name Vasotec.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Pediatric Opioid Prescriptions Have Declined Since 2012
- Intervention by Pharmacists May Effectively Reduce Use of Inappropriate Medications in the Elderly
- ACA Coverage Substantial, but Did Not Impact Labor Markets
- AMA to Collect Data on Suicide Among Doctors-in-Training
- Smartphone App Improves Management of Cancer-Related Pain, Anxiety