In medicine, there is often a disconnect between what is taught in the classroom and what students observe in clinical practice.
Early physical therapy was not found to be superior to usual care for improving disability at 1 year in patients with low back pain.
The National Vaccine Advisory Committee highlighted 5 core concepts and strategies that can increase integration of social psychological components with health communication principles to improve the perceived benefits of adult vaccination.
Physicians in primary care and in medical and surgical subspecialties find that physician assistants are prepared to actively participate in clinical activities.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioids: Clinician Concern and Prescribing Practices
- Quantity of Opioids Prescribed Linked to Higher Patient-Reported Consumption
- Screening for Hyperglycemia Prior to Steroid Injections for Chronic Pain
- Ensuring Safety During Long-Term Opioid Therapy
- Drug Overdose Mortality Rates Rising in the United States
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Intervention by Pharmacists May Effectively Reduce Use of Inappropriate Medications in the Elderly
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency
- Give Thanks: The Role of Gratitude in Combating Burnout
- Persistent Back Pain Linked to Earlier Mortality in Older Women
- Cannabinoids May Be Effective on Experimental Pain Threshold and Tolerance, Not Intensity
- PainDETECT May Not Be Optimal to Detect Neuropathic Components of Orofacial Pain