Generic Name and Formulations:
Bisacodyl 5mg; e-c tabs.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
Indications for DULCOLAX:
Swallow whole. 1–3 tabs daily. Results usually in 6–12 hours; reevaluate if ineffective.
Swallow whole. <6yrs: individualize. 6–11yrs: 1 tab daily. Results usually in 6–12 hours; reevaluate if ineffective.
Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs. Do not use if abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting present.
Tabs: do not take within at least 1 hour after antacids or milk.
Abdominal discomfort, faintness, cramps; also supps: rectal burning.
Tabs—25, 100, 150
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Pharmacologically Induced Headache Accompanied by Dilated Cephalic Vessels
- IV Lidocaine May Be Safe, Efficacious for Pediatric Status Migraine
- Gray Matter Changes in Migraine Associated With Clinical Characteristics