DRISTAN COLD MULTI-SYMPTOM OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 325mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg, phenylephrine HCl 5mg; per tab.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for DRISTAN COLD MULTI-SYMPTOM :
Headache, fever, minor aches and pains, nasal congestion, rhinorrhea, sore throat.
2 tabs every 4 hours. Max 12 tabs/24 hours.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. GI or GU obstruction. Thyroid disease. Glaucoma. Diabetes. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants. Caution with warfarin.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, excitability in children, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis