Generic Name and Formulations:
Digoxin Immune Fab (ovine) 40mg/vial; IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for DIGIFAB:
Digoxin toxicity or overdose.
Adults and Children:
See literature. Dose based on amount of digoxin or digitoxin to be neutralized. Contents of 1 vial neutralizes 0.5mg digoxin.
Previous allergies to antibiotics, sheep antibodies, papain or papaya extracts. Monitor potassium, renal, and cardiac function. Postpone redigitalization until Fab fragments cleared. Interferes with digitalis immunoassays. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Symptoms of digoxin withdrawal. Hypokalemia.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis