Decision support systems in clinical settings can dramatically decrease the time and manpower needed to perform a variety of tasks, but are they more harmful than helpful?
A challenge facing clinicians regarding the diagnosis of small fiber neuropathies lies in the scarcity of objective biomarkers.
Pain at pressure areas on the skin surface independently predicts the development of pressure ulcers in acutely ill patients.
The symptoms could be useful to develop methods of earlier detection of inflammatory arthritis.
A research group developed the algorithm through a year-long process of reviewing data, sharing their own clinical experiences, and considering feedback from geriatric and pain societies.
Understanding pain mechanisms for targeted treatments.
Neurologists should keep in mind that, although migraine is more common in women, it does occur in men.
For improved treatment of neuropathic pain
A Minority of patients presenting to the ED with chest pain are diagnosed with life-threatening conditions
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis