Decision support systems in clinical settings can dramatically decrease the time and manpower needed to perform a variety of tasks, but are they more harmful than helpful?
A challenge facing clinicians regarding the diagnosis of small fiber neuropathies lies in the scarcity of objective biomarkers.
Pain at pressure areas on the skin surface independently predicts the development of pressure ulcers in acutely ill patients.
The symptoms could be useful to develop methods of earlier detection of inflammatory arthritis.
A research group developed the algorithm through a year-long process of reviewing data, sharing their own clinical experiences, and considering feedback from geriatric and pain societies.
Understanding pain mechanisms for targeted treatments.
Neurologists should keep in mind that, although migraine is more common in women, it does occur in men.
For improved treatment of neuropathic pain
A Minority of patients presenting to the ED with chest pain are diagnosed with life-threatening conditions
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Supervised Injection Sites: Facts, Information, Pros, and Cons
- Chronic Pain May Be a Contributing Factor to Suicide
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Lower Weighting of Hand Cortical Representations in CRPS
- Predicting Success of Focal Nerve Surgery Based on Diagnostic Block Response
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- FDA Announces Draft Guidance for Consumer OTC Access to Previously Prescription Drugs
- Maryland Legislature: Will Federal Courts Permit State Regulation of Drug Prices?