The American Diabetes Association released an updated position statement on the prevention, detection, and management of diabetic neuropathies.
Cumulative probability of proliferative diabetic retinopathy worsening was 42% in the panretinal photocoagulation group vs 34% in the ranibizumab group.
New research suggests a new approach to understanding wound healing in the treatment of corneal and skin diabetic ulcers by closely examining the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying DPN.
Are Current Nerve Stimulation Thresholds Unreliable for Diabetic Neuropathy Patients During Regional Anesthesia?April 08, 2016
A recently published study suggests that recommended thresholds used in electrical PNS for placing needles correctly during peripheral nerve block may not be sufficient enough to protect against intraneural injuries in patients with diabetic neuropathy.
While there was no overall improvement, treatment with long-acting C-peptide improved vibration perception threshold.
One of the key contributors to peripheral nerve disease in patients with diabetes is the central nervous system.
Increase in prevalence from 2002-2013, with highest prevalence among those aged 12 to 18 years
Researchers found significant associations between four genetic variants of SCN9A and neuropathic pain in DPN.
Similar rates of recommended processes of care with nurse practitioners, primary care physicians.
Addition of finerenone to ACE inhibitor or ARB tied to reduction in urinary albumin-creatinine ratio
A plasmid containing two human hepatocyte growth factor isoforms may improve quality of life for patients with painful diabetic neuropathy.
The Illinois Medical Cannabis Advisory Board, however, rejected cannabis as a treatment for anxiety.
Mean percentage of increase in the HDL and LDL cholesterol levels was higher among patients receiving tofacitinib 5 mg twice daily and those receiving tofacitinib 10 mg twice daily.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis had higher levels of insulin resistance, but they were not associated with atherosclerosis.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Rapid Fentanyl Test Strips Accepted by Young Adult Drug Users
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Long Wait Times Between Referral and Interdisciplinary Pediatric Chronic Pain Evaluation