The presence of diabetes — both types 1 and 2 — may be associated with a reduced risk for migraine
A recent study assessed the relationship of fasting neuropeptide Y with insulin resistance, β-cell function, and glucagon-like peptide-1 secretion in patients with migraine.
Results from a study investigating diabetes and migraine in the Norwegian population show that type 1 and type 2 diabetes were significantly associated with a decreased risk for migraine.
Most primary care physicians can't identify all 11 risk factors for prediabetes, and it's important to address gaps in knowledge.
A correlation was found between higher overall ambulatory volume and lower rates of appropriate diabetes monitoring.
Symptoms of diabetic peripheral neuropathy include lower-extremity weakness, in addition to tingling, pain and burning.
Diabetes, prediabetes, and obesity may be metabolic drivers of polyneuropathy.
One of the key contributors to peripheral nerve disease in patients with diabetes is the central nervous system.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy does not facilitate wound healing or reduce indications for amputation.
Online communications reduced need for phone calls and office visits for many.
For diabetes patients, greater EHR-related health improvements for high-cohesion primary care teams.
Increase in prevalence from 2002-2013, with highest prevalence among those aged 12 to 18 years
A safety review conducted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has led to new warnings added to the prescribing information for sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors used to treat type 2 diabetes.
Similar rates of recommended processes of care with nurse practitioners, primary care physicians.
Prevention key to continued progress in fighting cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes.
Modern management focuses on thorough preoperative assessment, diabetes optimization.
No benefit seen with the diet for prevention of diabetic nephropathy.
Increased risk of work disability mainly attributed to mental, musculoskeletal, circulatory disorders.
Findings shows insulin resistance peaks in early adolescence, so exercise crucial during this period.
Older adults more compliant, but significant outcomes improved across ages.
Although many questions remain, new studies evaluating the link between prediabetes and peripheral neuropathy are filling in some of the gaps in knowledge.
NeuroMetrix announced the launch of the Quell device for the treatment of chronic pain in patients with conditions such as diabetic nerve pain, low back and leg pain, fibromyalgia, and osteoarthritis pain.
Excess weight, sleep issues more common among those with changing schedules.
But nearly half take a prescription cardiovascular drug, almost a fifth have diabetes.
The incidence of gout among CKD patients was 6.82 per 1,000 persons per year compared to 2.43 for those without the disease.
Concomitant use of these medications may result in B 12 deficiency-induced neuropathy.
Aerobic exercise intervention doesn't appear to change pain severity measures.
Meta-analysis of two studies shows clinically significant improvement of 'minimum change in pain.'
Greater maximum and range of separations of center of mass from center of pressure in DPN.
Researchers find testing blood from mouth is as accurate as finger prick at diagnosing condition
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis