Generic Name and Formulations:
Desonide 0.05%; crm; lotion.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for DESOWEN:
Apply a thin film to affected areas 2–3 times daily; discontinue when control is achieved. Do not occlude.
Avoid use near eyes, on face, groin, or axillae. Do not use for diaper dermatitis or on pre-existing skin atrophy. Risk of HPA axis suppression with high-potency steroids, prolonged use, application to large surface area, use of occlusive dressings, altered skin barrier, liver failure, young age; discontinue gradually, or reduce dose or potency if occurs. Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Burning, stinging, irritation, contact dermatitis, condition worsened, skin peeling, itching, intense transient erythema, dryness/scaliness; HPA axis suppression (esp. in children).
Crm—15g, 60g; Lotion—2oz, 4oz
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis