DERMOTIC OIL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluocinolone acetonide 0.01%; otic drops; contains peanut oil.
Hill Dermaceuticals, Inc
Indications for DERMOTIC OIL:
Chronic eczematous external otitis.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 5 drops in affected ear twice daily for 7–14 days.
Discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Avoid eyes. Reevaluate if no improvement within 2 weeks. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended. Nursing mothers.
Local irritation, allergic contact dermatitis, superinfection.
Oil—20mL (dropper bottle)
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis