Generic Name and Formulations:
Cytarabine 50mg/vial; liposomal suspension for intrathecal administration; preservative-free.
Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for DEPOCYT:
Intrathecal treatment of lymphomatous meningitis.
See literature. Give intrathecally over 1–5 minutes. Administer dexamethasone 4mg twice daily for 5 days with each cycle of treatment. Induction: 50mg every 14 days for 2 doses (weeks 1 and 3). Consolidation: 50mg every 14 days for 3 doses (weeks 5, 7 and 9) followed by 1 additional dose at week 13. Maintenance: 50mg every 28 days for 4 doses (weeks 17, 21, 25 and 29). Reduce dose to 25mg if neurotoxicity develops and discontinue if it persists.
Active meningeal infection.
Chemical arachnoiditis; reduce symptoms with dexamethasone. Previous irradiation, cytotoxic chemotherapy. Monitor blood counts and for development of neurotoxicity. Renal and hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid use. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of neurotoxicity with concomitant cranial/spinal irradiation or other intrathecal antineoplastics.
See literature. Arachnoiditis, GI upset, headache, fever, neurological toxicity (myelopathy), hydrocephalus, elevated CSF protein and WBC, weakness, back pain, insomnia, blurred vision, anaphylactic reactions; others.
Single-use vials (5mL)—1
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis