ASRA released a formal position statement requesting that the DEA reschedule marijuana.
Genome-wide association ID'd three independent regions with single nucleotide polymorphisms.
Pot-related poison control calls and hospital discharges spike with wider availability.
New research reviews nationwide patterns of painkiller prescribing following surgical tooth extraction.
Those taking these drugs with no prescription more likely to have multiple partners, forgo condom use.
Dependence on breathing tubes, feeding tubes might play a part in despair.
There are key factors to consider when determining the best treatment strategy for pain in patients with cancer.
The treatment goal should not be to "cure" pain but rather to restore function.
Fewer than 2% of prescribers behave criminally. But those 2% are responsible for more than 90% of law enforcement activity on prescription drug diversion.
In this feature, Clinical Pain Advisor explores the the roots of the current heroin epidemic facing the United States, and how chronic pain patients prescribed opioids are affected by it.
Informed consent is critical to decision making, and clear goals permit assessment of treatment.
It is imperative that the United States finds more effective ways to deal with the growing availability and utilization of opiates and other drugs for pain that is compassionate and grounded in medicine.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- IV Tramadol Significantly Reduces Post-Op Pain in Phase 3 Study
- Telehealth-Delivered Behavioral Therapy, Supportive Care Beneficial for Low Back Pain
- Patient-Controlled Analgesia Pumps Have Low Device-Related Error Rates
- Adding Chiropractic to Usual Care Beneficial for Low Back Pain
- Illness Perceptions Mediate Back Pain, Quality of Life in Early Axial Spondyloarthritis