ASRA released a formal position statement requesting that the DEA reschedule marijuana.
Genome-wide association ID'd three independent regions with single nucleotide polymorphisms.
Pot-related poison control calls and hospital discharges spike with wider availability.
New research reviews nationwide patterns of painkiller prescribing following surgical tooth extraction.
Those taking these drugs with no prescription more likely to have multiple partners, forgo condom use.
Dependence on breathing tubes, feeding tubes might play a part in despair.
There are key factors to consider when determining the best treatment strategy for pain in patients with cancer.
The treatment goal should not be to "cure" pain but rather to restore function.
Fewer than 2% of prescribers behave criminally. But those 2% are responsible for more than 90% of law enforcement activity on prescription drug diversion.
In this feature, Clinical Pain Advisor explores the the roots of the current heroin epidemic facing the United States, and how chronic pain patients prescribed opioids are affected by it.
Informed consent is critical to decision making, and clear goals permit assessment of treatment.
It is imperative that the United States finds more effective ways to deal with the growing availability and utilization of opiates and other drugs for pain that is compassionate and grounded in medicine.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis