Generic Name and Formulations:
Tranexamic acid 100mg/mL; soln for IV inj.
Indications for CYKLOKAPRON:
Short-term use in hemophilia to reduce or prevent hemorrhage, and reduce the need for replacement therapy during and following tooth extraction.
Adults and Children:
Give by IV inj. Max injection rate: 1mL/min. Pre-extraction: 10mg/kg; post-op: 10mg/kg 3–4 times daily for 2–8 days. Renal impairment: serum creatinine 1.36–2.83mg/dL: 10mg/kg twice daily; 2.83–5.66mg/dL: 10mg/kg once daily; >5.66mg/dL: 10mg/kg every 48hrs or 5mg/kg every 24hrs.
Acquired defective color vision. Subarachnoid hemorrhage. Active intravascular clotting.
Therapy longer than several days: do ophthalmologic exam (before and during); discontinue if visual changes occur. Risk of convulsions esp. during cardiovascular surgery or inadvertent neuraxial administration. Renal insufficiency; reduce dose. History of thromboembolic disease. Disseminated intravascular coagulation. Upper urinary tract bleeding. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Plasminogen activation inhibitor.
Avoid concomitant Factor IX complex concentrates or Anti-inhibitor Coagulant concentrates; increased risk of thrombosis. Do not mix with solutions containing penicillin or with blood products.
GI upset, allergic dermatitis, giddiness, hypotension, visual abnormalities; thromboembolic events (rare), dizziness, convulsions, anaphylaxis.
Single-dose amps (10mL)—1, 10; single-dose vials (10mL)—10
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis