Generic Name and Formulations:
Poractant alfa (as phospholipids 80mg/mL and proteins 1mg/mL); susp for intratracheal administration; preservative-free.
Chiesi USA, Inc.
Indications for CUROSURF:
Treatment ("rescue") of respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) in premature infants.
See literature. Give by intratracheal administration through an endotracheal tube. Each dose should be administered as 2 aliquots. Inital dose of 2.5mL/kg birth weight; may give 2 more doses of 1.25mL/kg birth weight at 12-hour intervals.
Interrupt dosing if reflux of product into endotracheal tube, cyanosis, bradycardia, airway obstruction, hypoventilation, or endotracheal tube dislodgement occurs; treat; resume after stabilization. Monitor respiratory status and clinical condition frequently and carefully.
Bradycardia, hypotension, reflux of surfactant into endotracheal tube, others.
Single-use vials (1.5mL, 3mL)—1
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Pharmacologically Induced Headache Accompanied by Dilated Cephalic Vessels
- IV Lidocaine May Be Safe, Efficacious for Pediatric Status Migraine
- Gray Matter Changes in Migraine Associated With Clinical Characteristics