Generic Name and Formulations:
Poractant alfa (as phospholipids 80mg/mL and proteins 1mg/mL); susp for intratracheal administration; preservative-free.
Chiesi USA, Inc.
Indications for CUROSURF:
Treatment ("rescue") of respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) in premature infants.
See literature. Give by intratracheal administration through an endotracheal tube. Each dose should be administered as 2 aliquots. Inital dose of 2.5mL/kg birth weight; may give 2 more doses of 1.25mL/kg birth weight at 12-hour intervals.
Interrupt dosing if reflux of product into endotracheal tube, cyanosis, bradycardia, airway obstruction, hypoventilation, or endotracheal tube dislodgement occurs; treat; resume after stabilization. Monitor respiratory status and clinical condition frequently and carefully.
Bradycardia, hypotension, reflux of surfactant into endotracheal tube, others.
Single-use vials (1.5mL, 3mL)—1
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Manual Therapy vs Opioids for Management of Shoulder, Spine Pain
- Kinesiophobia May Be Associated With Greater Cutaneous Allodynia in Migraine
- Intervention by Pharmacists May Effectively Reduce Use of Inappropriate Medications in the Elderly
- PainDETECT May Not Be Optimal to Detect Neuropathic Components of Orofacial Pain
- Topical Migraine Trigger Point Treatment as Effective as Injection
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Prescription Digital Therapeutic Approved for Opioid Use Disorder
- Persistence of Post-Traumatic CRPS Associated With Initial Pain Sensitization
- Blunted Cardiovascular Stress Reactivity in Fibromyalgia With Comorbid PTSD
- Name-Brand Medications Driving Spike in U.S. Drug Spending
- Physician Responsibility to Combat "Fake News" in Medicine
- The Future Of Robot Physicians: Is Artificial Intelligence Poised to Take Over Medicine?
- Chronic Spinal Pain and Depression: Does One Represent a Risk Factor for the Other?