Generic Name and Formulations:
Nadolol, bendroflumethiazide; 40mg/5mg, 80mg/5mg; scored tabs.
Indications for CORZIDE:
Titrate components. Renally impaired: increase dosing interval; see literature.
Asthma. Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt heart failure. CHF. Cardiogenic shock. Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
Ischemic heart disease. Bronchospastic disease, COPD. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Gout. Diabetes. Postsympathectomy. Hyperthyroidism. Monitor electrolytes, renal function. Surgery. SLE. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Noncardioselective beta-blocker + diuretic.
Hypotension with alcohol, CNS depressants, MAOIs, prazosin, other antihypertensives. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. Adjust antidiabetic, anticoagulant medication. ACTH, amphotericin B, corticosteroids increase hypokalemia risk. May increase toxicity of diazoxide, digitalis, lithium, verapamil, lidocaine. Antagonized by NSAIDs. Antagonizes methenamine, antigout drugs. May block epinephrine. May interfere with glaucoma, parathyroid screening tests.
Cardiac failure, bronchospasm, bradycardia, heart block, fatigue, fluid and electrolyte imbalance, orthostatic hypotension, GI upset, dizziness, blurred vision, cold extremities, rash, pruritus, blood dyscrasias.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis