CORICIDIN HBP COLD & FLU OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 325mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg; tabs.
Bayer Corp, Consumer Care Div.
Indications for CORICIDIN HBP COLD & FLU:
Pain, headache, fever, rhinorrhea.
2 tabs every 4–6 hours; max 12 tabs/day.
<6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 1 tab every 4–6 hours; max 5 tabs/day.
Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Liver disease. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders.
Analgesic + antihistamine.
See Contraindications. Increased risk of liver damage with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day. Other CNS depressants potentiated.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Predicting Pain Chronicization After Spine Surgery
- Chronic Low Back Pain Levels Vary Between Sex and Race
- FDA Approval of Medication With a Digital Monitoring System: Major Breakthrough or "Brave New World"?
- Errors in Clinical Notes Generated by Speech Recognition Are Not Uncommon
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?