Clinical Pain Conference Coverage
Cotargeting of peripheral μ-opioid and cannabinoid receptors was found to have a synergistic effect in reducing mechanical allodynia in a mouse model of neuropathic pain.
Resilience may mediate the relationships between positive affect and pain interference and depression in patients with multiple sclerosis.
Adolescent patients with chronic pain may be more likely to suffer from alexithymia.
A bedside quantitative sensory testing using inexpensive handheld devices indicates that this test may reliably be used to assess sensory profiles in patients with neuropathic pain.
Patients with osteoarthritis who receive hip injections of steroids plus anesthetics may experience higher rates of osteonecrosis and collapse compared with patients receiving shoulder injections and sham hip injections.
Patients with osteoarthritis who achieved a >10% weight loss were found to have reduced cartilage degeneration, compared with patients achieving only moderate or no weight loss.
Computed tomography-pulsed radiofrequency may represent an effective management strategy for patients with acute neuroradicular low back pain refractory to standard therapies
Patients who experience migraines may have higher cerebral sodium concentrations than nonmigraineurs.
Ketamine is associated with significant pain relief among patients with refractory headaches.
Patients undergoing total hip and total knee arthroplasties in small- and medium-sized hospitals have been receiving increasingly greater multimodal approaches for postoperative pain management.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer