Clinical Pain Conference Coverage
Cotargeting of peripheral μ-opioid and cannabinoid receptors was found to have a synergistic effect in reducing mechanical allodynia in a mouse model of neuropathic pain.
Resilience may mediate the relationships between positive affect and pain interference and depression in patients with multiple sclerosis.
Adolescent patients with chronic pain may be more likely to suffer from alexithymia.
A bedside quantitative sensory testing using inexpensive handheld devices indicates that this test may reliably be used to assess sensory profiles in patients with neuropathic pain.
Patients with osteoarthritis who receive hip injections of steroids plus anesthetics may experience higher rates of osteonecrosis and collapse compared with patients receiving shoulder injections and sham hip injections.
Patients with osteoarthritis who achieved a >10% weight loss were found to have reduced cartilage degeneration, compared with patients achieving only moderate or no weight loss.
Computed tomography-pulsed radiofrequency may represent an effective management strategy for patients with acute neuroradicular low back pain refractory to standard therapies
Patients who experience migraines may have higher cerebral sodium concentrations than nonmigraineurs.
Ketamine is associated with significant pain relief among patients with refractory headaches.
Patients undergoing total hip and total knee arthroplasties in small- and medium-sized hospitals have been receiving increasingly greater multimodal approaches for postoperative pain management.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Replacing Sleep, Sedentary Behavior With Physical Activity Beneficial in Knee Osteoarthritis
- The Role of Psychological Factors in Phantom Limb Pain Reviewed
- FDA Outlines Plan for New Analgesic Guidance to Combat Opioid Crisis
- Ozone vs Corticosteroids May Provide Longer-Lasting Effects for Plantar Fasciitis
- Rates of Concurrent Opioid, Sedative-Hypnotic Prescription Fills in Veterans
- Ketamine: Mechanisms of Action, Uses in Pain Medicine, and Side Effects
- Cannabis May Be Effective for Migraine Treatment
- Medicinal Cannabis May Not Have Opioid-Sparing Effects in Chronic Noncancer Pain
- Integrating Psychological Interventions Into Chronic Pain Management
- Chronic Neck Pain: Generators, Clinical Examination, MRI Findings, and Differential Diagnosis
- Pregabalin May Not Improve Analgesia During Medical Abortion
- Investigational Treatment Shows Promise in Chronic Low Back Pain
- Rheumatologist-Assessed vs Criteria for Inflammatory Back Pain in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Incorporating Guidelines Into Clinical Practice: An Interview With Gary L. LeRoy, MD
- Pain Severity May Partly Mediate the Association Between Depression and Physical Performance in Knee OA