Sleep duration appeared to have a significant effect on symptom reporting, especially in girls.
Ultimately, players must decide if the benefits of play outweigh the risks of injury.
Girls with a history of a psychiatric condition, substance abuse, or ADHD were more likely to report concussion-like symptoms.
Mechanism of injury assault in 12 of 16 patients; half of patients admit alcohol use.
Technology called Brain Network Activation allows health care professionals to evaluate brain network function after traumatic brain injury and during recovery.
Rapid number naming test may be used on the sidelines in sporting events to test for concussion.
Researchers found that players suffered more head impacts during games and learned that there was a relationship between the amount of padding players wore and the number of head impacts during practice.
Women who have had a history of at least one concussion did not score lower on computerized cognitive baseline testing. All women regardless of concussion history, had greater symptoms, symptom severity and poorer cognitive performance than men at baseline, the study found.
Limiting aggressive contact would be more effective than just banning 'heading' of ball, researcher says.
World Cup Champions Cindy Parlow-Cone and Brandi Chastain reveal their concerns about young girls heading the ball in soccer. Are concussions in youth soccer a growing concern?
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Manual Therapy vs Opioids for Management of Shoulder, Spine Pain
- Opioids: Clinician Concern and Prescribing Practices
- Screening for Hyperglycemia Prior to Steroid Injections for Chronic Pain
- Ensuring Safety During Long-Term Opioid Therapy
- Intervention by Pharmacists May Effectively Reduce Use of Inappropriate Medications in the Elderly
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Prescription Digital Therapeutic Approved for Opioid Use Disorder
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency
- Give Thanks: The Role of Gratitude in Combating Burnout
- Persistent Back Pain Linked to Earlier Mortality in Older Women
- Cannabinoids May Be Effective on Experimental Pain Threshold and Tolerance, Not Intensity
- PainDETECT May Not Be Optimal to Detect Neuropathic Components of Orofacial Pain