COMBIVENT RESPIMAT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ipratropium bromide 20mcg, albuterol 100mcg (equivalent to 120mcg albuterol sulfate); per actuation; inhalation spray; CFC-free.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
Indications for COMBIVENT RESPIMAT:
COPD when a second aerosol bronchodilator is needed.
1 inh 4 times daily; max 6 inh/day.
Avoid excessive use. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm occurs. Cardiovascular disorders. Arrhythmias. Hypertension. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Seizure disorders. Sensitivity to sympthomimetic amines. Narrow angle glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Hepatic or renal disease. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Anticholinergic + beta-2 agonist.
Extreme caution within 2 weeks of MAOIs or tricyclic antidepressants (increased cardiovascular effects). Caution with other anticholinergics, sympathomimetics, drugs that lower serum potassium. Antagonized by beta-blockers.
Upper respiratory infection, nasopharyngitis, cough, bronchitis, headache, dyspnea; paradoxical bronchospasm, urinary retention, hypokalemia, hypersensitivity reactions, ocular effects.
Ipratropium bromide: renal.
Inhaler—4g (120 inh)
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Predicting Pain Chronicization After Spine Surgery
- Chronic Low Back Pain Levels Vary Between Sex and Race
- FDA Approval of Medication With a Digital Monitoring System: Major Breakthrough or "Brave New World"?
- Errors in Clinical Notes Generated by Speech Recognition Are Not Uncommon
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?