COLACE SYRUP OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Docusate sodium 60mg/15mL.
Purdue Products L.P.
Indications for COLACE SYRUP:
Mix syrup in 6–8oz of milk or juice. 60mg–360mg daily.
Mix syrup in 6–8oz of milk or juice. <2yrs: individualize. 2–11yrs: 60mg–150mg daily; may be given as a single dose or in divided doses.
Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May increase systemic absorption of mineral oil.
Caps 50mg—30, 60; 100mg—10, 30, 60; Liquid—30mL (w. cal dropper); Syrup—473mL
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis