Cognitive Behavior Therapy
Group cognitive behavioral therapy and pain education may be more effective than usual care for improving pain and physical function in patients presenting with chronic pain at low-income clinics.
A web-based cognitive behavior therapy program may be associated with greater reductions in aberrant drug-related behavior, pain interference, and pain catastrophizing in patients with chronic pain treated with opioids who undergo treatment as usual compared with patients who undergo treatment as usual only.
Online Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Provide Pain Relief in Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral NeuropathyJanuary 18, 2018
Self-guided online cognitive behavioral pain management may result in improved "worst" pain but not "average" pain compared with usual care for the treatment of painful chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy.
Researchers found that insomnia is a causal factor in the occurrence of psychotic experiences and other mental health problems, and that online cognitive behavioral therapy was effective in reducing symptoms for university students.
Endomorphins, spinal cord stimulation, psychotherapy: non-opioid alternatives for the management of chronic pain.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Predicting Pain Chronicization After Spine Surgery
- Chronic Low Back Pain Levels Vary Between Sex and Race
- FDA Approval of Medication With a Digital Monitoring System: Major Breakthrough or "Brave New World"?
- Errors in Clinical Notes Generated by Speech Recognition Are Not Uncommon
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?