Generic Name and Formulations:
Clomiphene citrate 50mg; scored tabs.
Indications for CLOMID:
Induction of ovulation.
50mg daily for 5 days beginning on the 5th day of menstrual cycle; max 3 courses. If ovulation does not occur after 1st course, increase dose to 100mg daily for 2nd course; max 100mg/day for 5 days. See full labeling.
Primary ovarian failure. Ovarian cysts. Uterine leiomyomas. Abnormal vaginal bleeding. Thrombophlebitis. Liver disease. Depression. Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction. Organic intracranial lesions (eg, pituitary tumor). Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Perform initial complete pelvic and endocrinologic exam. If ovarian enlargement occurs, hold dose until ovaries return to pretreatment size, and reduce dosage or duration of next course. Polycystic ovary syndrome. Discontinue if visual disorders occur. Metabolism disorders (eg, hypertriglyceridemia). Preexisting or family history of hyperlipidemia: monitor plasma triglycerides periodically. Nursing mothers.
Ovarian enlargement, vasomotor flushes, abdominal/pelvic discomfort/distention/bloating, nausea, vomiting, breast discomfort, visual symptoms (eg, blurred vision, lights, floaters), headache, abnormal uterine bleeding; multiple births, pancreatitis.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use Disorders: Advances in Pharmacotherapy Provide Long-term Results
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- FDA Taps Social Media to Identify and Assess Emerging Drug Abuse Threats
- Buffered Lidocaine May Be Superior to Nonbuffered Lidocaine for Inferior Alveolar Nerve Block
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Marijuana's Uncertain Status: Closing the Gap Between State and Federal Policies