Research findings suggest the need for greater adherence to a standardized set of policies aimed at improving transparency among clinical trial funders.
The FDA Digital Health Software Precertification Program represents a feasible solution to regulate software classified as a medical device.
Many translational barriers exist between preclinical research and clinical practice.
ACTTION Consensus Provides Best Practices for the Design of Pediatric Clinical Trials Focused on Acute PainJanuary 08, 2018
Key factors susceptible to improve the design of clinical trials on analgesics for acute pain in pediatric populations were reviewed and recommendations published.
The benefits associated with medical cannabis therapy may be overestimated due to inadequate blinding in clinical trials.
The need for data transparency carries an ethical and moral obligation and requires nonselective and unbiased publication of clinical results.
In a controversial and divisive article, a group of researchers proposes to improve "statistical standards of evidence" by lowering the P value from P <.05 to P <.005 in the fields of biomedical and social sciences.
Reference values for PROMIS domains have been established by a population-based study.
Standardized and clinically meaningful outcome measures in clinical trials in chronic pain may enhance efforts to develop effective treatments for chronic pain patients.
Researchers identified 3 subgroups of patients with peripheral neuropathic pain, based on sensory signs and symptoms.
Drug development faces 2 major issues: pre-clinical animal efficacy studies do not accurately predict human efficacy, and clinical trials often wrongly fail to show drug efficacy.
Connectivity in the right midfrontal gyrus may help predict placebo response.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Manual Therapy vs Opioids for Management of Shoulder, Spine Pain
- Opioids: Clinician Concern and Prescribing Practices
- Screening for Hyperglycemia Prior to Steroid Injections for Chronic Pain
- Ensuring Safety During Long-Term Opioid Therapy
- Intervention by Pharmacists May Effectively Reduce Use of Inappropriate Medications in the Elderly
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Rimegepant Orally Dissolving Formulation Provides Rapid Relief From Acute Migraine
- Updated Evidence-Based Recommendations for Buprenorphine Treatment
- Business Degree Increasingly Useful for Doctors
- Prescription Digital Therapeutic Approved for Opioid Use Disorder
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency
- Give Thanks: The Role of Gratitude in Combating Burnout
- Persistent Back Pain Linked to Earlier Mortality in Older Women
- Cannabinoids May Be Effective on Experimental Pain Threshold and Tolerance, Not Intensity
- PainDETECT May Not Be Optimal to Detect Neuropathic Components of Orofacial Pain