Generic Name and Formulations:
Clindamycin (as phosphate) 1%; pledgets; contains isopropyl alcohol 52%.
Stiefel Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CLINDETS:
Apply thin film twice daily.
History of regional enteritis, ulcerative or antibiotic-associated colitis.
Avoid eyes, mouth, abraded skin, mucous membranes. Atopic patients. Discontinue if significant diarrhea occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate neuromuscular blocking agents. May antagonize erythromycin.
Dryness, burning, itching, erythema, oily skin, peeling; rare: diarrhea, colitis.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis