CLARITIN-D 24 HOUR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Loratadine 10mg, pseudoephedrine sulfate 240mg; ext-rel tabs.
Merck & Co., Inc.
- Ilioinguinal-Transversus Abdominis Plane Block When Standard Analgesia Fails After Cesarean Delivery
- Intraoperative Naloxone Reduces Remafentanil-Induced Postoperative Hyperalgesia
- 3 Noteworthy Initiatives To Address the Opioid Epidemic
Indications for CLARITIN-D 24 HOUR:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis with nasal congestion.
Swallow whole. 1 tab daily. Renal insufficiency (CrCl <30mL/min): 1 tab every other day.
Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Severe hypertension or coronary artery disease. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Hepatic or renal impairment. Hypertension. Ischemic heart disease. Increased intraocular pressure. Thyroid disease. GI or urinary obstruction. Seizures. Diabetes. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Pseudoephedrine: Antagonizes antihypertensives. Increased ectopic pacemaker activity with digitalis.
Dry mouth, insomnia, somnolence, nervousness, dizziness, dyspepsia, pharyngitis, anorexia, bronchospasm.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Predicting Pain Chronicization After Spine Surgery
- Chronic Low Back Pain Levels Vary Between Sex and Race
- FDA Approval of Medication With a Digital Monitoring System: Major Breakthrough or "Brave New World"?
- Errors in Clinical Notes Generated by Speech Recognition Are Not Uncommon
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?