CLARINEX-D 24 HOUR Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Desloratadine 5mg, pseudoephedrine sulfate 240mg; ext-rel tabs.
Merck & Co., Inc.
- Ilioinguinal-Transversus Abdominis Plane Block When Standard Analgesia Fails After Cesarean Delivery
- Intraoperative Naloxone Reduces Remafentanil-Induced Postoperative Hyperalgesia
- 3 Noteworthy Initiatives To Address the Opioid Epidemic
Indications for CLARINEX-D 24 HOUR:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis with nasal congestion.
Swallow whole. 1 tab once daily.
<12yrs: not recommended.
Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Severe hypertension or coronary artery disease. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Cardiovascular disorders. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Prostatic hypertrophy. Increased intraocular pressure. Renal or hepatic impairment: avoid. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Pseudoephedrine: may be antagonized by beta-adrenergic blockers, methyldopa, reserpine. Increased ectopic pacemaker activity with digitalis.
Dry mouth, headache, insomnia, fatigue, pharyngitis, somnolence, nausea, dizziness, nervousness, psychomotor hyperactivity, anorexia; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occurs).
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis