CIPRODEX OTIC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin (as HCl) 0.3%, dexamethasone 0.1%; otic susp.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CIPRODEX OTIC:
Acute otitis media in pediatric patients with tympanostomy tubes. Acute otitis externa.
Adults and Children:
<6 months: not recommended. ≥6 months: 4 drops in affected ear(s) twice daily for 7 days.
Viral otic infections (eg, herpes simplex).
Discontinue if superinfection or hypersensitivity occurs. Reevaluate if no improvement after 1 week. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antibiotic (quinolone) + steroid.
Ear discomfort/pain, pruritus, debris, dysgeusia, erythema.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA Takes Steps to Reconcile Needs of Patients With Chronic Pain, Efforts to Curb Opioid Epidemic
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Neuropathic Symptoms Worsen Quality of Life, Function in Hip, Knee Osteoarthritis
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- Switching From Buprenorphine-Naltrexone to XR-Naltrexone as Effective as XR-Naltrexone
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Human Diagnosis Project Aims to Address Challenges Among Uninsured
- Healthcare Technology Affects Younger Patient Satisfaction
- FDA Announces New Drug Shortages Task Force