CIPRO HC OTIC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin (as HCl) 0.2%, hydrocortisone 1%; otic susp.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CIPRO HC OTIC:
Acute otitis externa.
Adults and Children:
To minimize dizziness, warm susp by holding bottle in hand for 1–2 minutes before use. <1yr: not recommended. ≥1yr: 3 drops in affected ear(s) twice daily for 7 days.
Perforated tympanic membrane. Viral otic infections (eg, varicella, herpes simplex).
Discontinue at 1st sign of a skin rash or any other hypersensitivity reactions occur. Reevaluate if no improvement after 1 week. Latex allergy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antibiotic (quinolone) + steroid.
Susp—10mL (w. dropper)
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- OnabotulinumtoxinA May Be Effective for Chronic Migraine With Medication Overuse
- FDA Outlines Plan for Increasing Nonprescription Drug Availability
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Hypoesthesia for Touch and Joint Position Linked to Chronic Pain in MS
- New Laws Are Needed to Protect Health Data Shared Online