Pain-Drug Rights Sold
the Clinical Pain Advisor take:
Alkermes plc has agreed to sell its manufacturing facility in Gainesville and royalty revenue to to Meloxicam IV/IM to Recro Pharma, Inc. (Recro), a specialty pharmaceutical company, company officials announced in a press release this week.
The facility in Gainesville was acquired by Alkermes in 2011 as part of its business combination with Elan Drug Technologies.
Among the assets being sold include Alkermes’ rights to Zohydro ER and the late-stage, parenteral formulation of Meloxicam IV/IM, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, which has completed multiple phase 2 trials for the management of moderate-to-severe acute pain, as well as related technology.
According to a press release, under the terms of the agreement, Alkermes will receive from Recro an initial cash payment of $50 million, development and commercialization milestone payments of up to $120 million related to Meloxicam IV/IM and low double-digit royalties on net sales of Meloxicam IV/IM.
Among the assets being sold include Alkermes’ rights to Zohydro ER and the late-stage, parenteral formulation of Meloxicam IV/IM.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Replacing Sleep, Sedentary Behavior With Physical Activity Beneficial in Knee Osteoarthritis
- FDA Outlines Plan for New Analgesic Guidance to Combat Opioid Crisis
- The Role of Psychological Factors in Phantom Limb Pain Reviewed
- Rates of Concurrent Opioid, Sedative-Hypnotic Prescription Fills in Veterans
- Ozone vs Corticosteroids May Provide Longer-Lasting Effects for Plantar Fasciitis
- Ketamine: Mechanisms of Action, Uses in Pain Medicine, and Side Effects
- Medicinal Cannabis May Not Have Opioid-Sparing Effects in Chronic Noncancer Pain
- Cannabis May Be Effective for Migraine Treatment
- Integrating Psychological Interventions Into Chronic Pain Management
- Chronic Neck Pain: Generators, Clinical Examination, MRI Findings, and Differential Diagnosis
- Pregabalin May Not Improve Analgesia During Medical Abortion
- Investigational Treatment Shows Promise in Chronic Low Back Pain
- Rheumatologist-Assessed vs Criteria for Inflammatory Back Pain in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Incorporating Guidelines Into Clinical Practice: An Interview With Gary L. LeRoy, MD
- Pain Severity May Partly Mediate the Association Between Depression and Physical Performance in Knee OA