CHILDREN'S XYZAL ALLERGY 24HR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levocetirizine dihydrochloride 2.5mg/5mL; liquid soln; tutti frutti flavor; contains sodium 3mg/5mL.
Indications for CHILDREN'S XYZAL ALLERGY 24HR:
To relieve symptoms due to hay fever or other respiratory allergies.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. 2–5yrs: max 1.25mg (2.5mL) once daily in the PM. 6–11yrs: max 2.5mg (5mL) once daily in the PM. ≥12yrs: 2.5mg–5mg once daily in the PM based on symptom severity. Max: 5mg/day.
Predisposing factors of urinary retention (eg, spinal cord lesion, prostatic hyperplasia). Discontinue if urinary retention occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers.
Drowsiness; allergic reaction (discontinue if occurs).
Renal (primarily), fecal.
Tabs—10, 35, 55, 80, 110; Soln—5oz
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis