Generic Name and Formulations:
Imiglucerase 200 Units, 400 Units; per vial; pwd; for IV infusion after reconstitution.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for CEREZYME:
For long-term enzyme replacement therapy in patients with confirmed Type 1 Gaucher disease that results in one or more of the following conditions: 1) anemia; 2) thrombocytopenia; 3) bone disease; 4) hepatomegaly or splenomegaly.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: Give by IV infusion over 1–2 hours. Individualize. Initial dose range: 2.5 Units/kg 3 times a week to 60 Units/kg once every 2 weeks.
Monitor periodically for IgG antibody formation during the first year. Patients previously treated with Ceredase (alglucerase inj) who have developed antibody or hypersensitivity to Ceredase. Monitor for pulmonary hypertension, pneumonia. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
GI upset, abdominal pain, rash, pruritus, fatigue, headache, fever, dizziness, chills, backache, tachycardia, inj site reactions, hypersensitivity. Also children: dyspnea, flushing, coughing,
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis