CERALYTE 50 OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Rice syrup solids 40g, sodium 50mEq, potassium 20mEq, chloride 40mEq, citrate 30mEq, Calories 160; per liter; pwd (mixed berry flavor) or ready-to-drink (lemon flavor).
Cera Products Inc.
Indications for CERALYTE 50:
Oral fluid and electrolyte replacement in mild (CeraLyte 50) to moderate (CeraLyte 70, CeraLyte 90) diarrhea.
Adults and Children:
Take with food. Mix powder as directed per packet. Drink sufficient volume to replace fluid lost. Continue until diarrhea stops.
As sole therapy in severe diarrhea. Intractable vomiting. Adynamic ileus. Intestinal obstruction. Perforated bowel. Anuria. Oliguria. Impaired homeostatic mechanisms.
Avoid sugary food/fruit drinks, colas.
Fluid & electrolyte replacement.
Pwd packets: 10g (for 200mL)—24; 50g (for 1L)—12; Ready-to-Drink (11oz)—4
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- The Challenge of Compassion in Modern Healthcare Settings
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Lowering Default Pill Counts in EMRs May Effectively Reduce Postoperative Opioid Prescription Numbers
- Steps Taken to Increase Use of Electronic Tools in Medicine
- Daily and Retrospective Pain Measurements Comparable in Hip Osteoarthritis